The gateway medical programs are specifically designed to augment medical aspirants’ pre-medical coursework to assist them in a smooth transition into a doctor of a medicine program. It is a comprehensive single-semester program that encompasses the courses that cater to enhanced pre-medical knowledge. The classroom strength of a gateway medical program is approximately 25 to 30 students with a collective vision and passion for entering the medical profession.
The medical aspirants are seeking gateway medical programs from the Caribbean medical schools. These island med schools also offer well-designed MD programs to ensure students earn a medical degree, which is highly accepted in the US and Canada.
If you are a prospective student with a dream of building a successful career in the promising field of medicine, then opt for a gateway medical program and start your academic medical journey.
In this blog, let’s discuss the five best reasons why choosing a gateway medical program could be worth your valuable time and effort.
Here are the five reasons to study a gateway medical program:
- Lesser time consuming: The process of becoming a medical professional is lengthy, which requires immense patience and dedication. Though an individual must complete their undergraduate, MD degree, residency, etc., to become a doctor, this gateway medical program is just a small but significant part of the journey.
The gateway medical programs span over one semester and focus on developing knowledge that fosters a tremendous academic experience during the MD program.
- Affordable: The cost of pursuing a gateway medical program is around $4,000, which is a small amount that you pay to learn pre-medical coursework while gaining medical skills. Moreover, the enrolled students are subjected to the same faculty and facilities as the MD program students.
- Strengthens pre-medical course work: The gateway medical programs are designed to provide the students an exposure to fundamental elements of medicine and introduce them to the skills and habits to succeed in a medicine program. The curriculum of this program is designed to acquaint the students with medical theories that can be put to use in their medical academic journey.
- Well-designed curriculum: The course curriculum of the gateway medical program is divided into four major topics. Principles of medicine, medical physiology, clinical anatomy, and cell and molecular biology are the main topics with elaborate contents. This program aims to develop robust theoretical knowledge and practical skills, including imagining techniques(X-rays, CT, and MRI scannings).
- To gain skills and knowledge required to succeed in medical school: When you enter a gateway medical program, the faculties ensure that you develop learning skills and other habits that are central to succeeding in a medical school. Learning the skills and adapting those habits in the initial stage can help the medical aspirants face challenging situations that may come up their way.
A gateway medical program can help you build a strong foundation upon which detailed information is provided during the MD program. Thus, it is central to carving a career in medicine. The medical field has the potential to shape your entire professional career while making you capable of touching human lives in a truly unique manner. If you wish to pursue a gateway medical program, log on to our website for more related information!